Thursday, November 11, 2010

Change...

It's weird to know that things are going to change but they haven't yet. I can't help but to be overly anxious about it knowing that it is just around the corner but still not quite within my grasp. But I'm starting to realize that I need to enjoy and embrace my life as it is now. To see how lucky I am and to take advantage of the people in my life and this chapter of things that I am doing. And to not get too caught up in what is to come. To love the here and now because that is all that we know we have.
A friend of mine, Marissa, posted a note on facebook last night talking about how our lives change. And how we can get so caught up in what we are doing in our lives currently that we forget all the fun things that we experienced in the past. Things that have helped to make us who we are today. "Life is taking me where it wants to take me. I'm just sitting in a car without a destination too busy watching the road to look out the windows and enjoy the scenery."
I think she is so right...we can be so busy or even not too busy but the things we do make us tired and we don't want to do any more even though we have the time, that we can miss out on so much. Get caught up in school and work and not enjoy our friends and the excitement of being young.
That's my thought of the day.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment