Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Time...

Is unwantingly approaching too fast. Starting a few years back I all of a sudden stopped liking the winter season and along with it all the holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas have never really been my favorite because of being so picky. I always hated going to the family dinners (or lunch) because I would never eat what everyone else was having and all of my family felt the need to say something about it.
Every single person. Every holiday.
It became very annoying and I didn't want to go anymore. But a few years ago I stopped enjoying Christmas music. It bothers me how it is already being played on the radio (so I hear) and I don't like all the decorations. I think it is a waste of money. I don't think it is appropriate to put them up until after Thanksgiving and not until December. Companies spend too much money on all of it and so do we as families.
*
*
Now, don't get me wrong, I love when I spend money on the people I'm close to and I get to see their excited faces when they open their gift. But honestly I could do without. I have everything that I need to survive. That I would ever need to be entertained or happy. So I don't understand why people feel the need to buy tons and tons of gifts for each other. Maybe things are not like that for you. I'm sure for bigger families its one, maybe two gifts per person. But being raised as mostly an only child (although I love my sister so much!!!) has spoiled me and I fear that I will be spoiled for the rest of my life. From my mother that is. (I love you mom!!)
I know she means well and I have to remind myself about how excited I get when I buy people presents...she probably gets that excited too and that is why she does it. :)
(Mom, I didn't say all of this for any particular reason. Please don't return the gifts you have already got me ;)
Basically I think I'm a big Scrooge. The music, the lights, the snowflakes hanging from the street lights as I drive down the road. It all bothers me.
And the fact that hardly anyone celebrates the holidays as they were originally intended bothers me too.
*
*
In other news...I'm very happy today! I'm enjoying the day for what it is and trying to embrace it :)
I know it probably doesn't sound like it with the whole speech I just gave :/
*
Life is good.
School is school but it will be over soon! 30 days after today, including the weekends!!
I'm finding things to do to fill in my time and make me more productive :)
My friends are great.
I'm really starting to appreciate them more and more every day. They are always there for me and willing to listen.
I love my family.
My mom and I have been getting along really well lately. I'm trying to watch my tone (not sure how well I am succeeding) and she is being very patient with me. We've been spending more time together and she has really been helping me out doing different things. I plan to see my dad sometime this week and I'm excited about that. My sister and I have been sharing outfits and clothing ideas we like or want to try. It's so much fun being able to talk to her about fashion!!!
Josh is the best!
I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have a guy that is so patient and understanding and forgiving. I don't know how I got him but I did and I'm gonna do everything I can not to let go! :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment