Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 3...

So tonight was great! I met about 7 of my friends at Mexican Villa (one of my favorite places to eat in Springfield) and had a great time there! Then we all went downtown to The Albatross (a hookah lounge) and got two hookahs. That was a lot of fun too. After that we went to Andy's and I tried a Cookie Casanova but instead of nuts and caramel I got peanut butter...and instead of vanilla custard I got chocolate. It was really good but REALLY rich!
I also opened my birthday presents from my mom today. She got me two long dresses from Old Navy, two short sleeved cardigans to go with them, a skirt and button up shirt. I loved the dresses SOOO much and even wore one for tonight. My mom also paid for me and one of my best friends, Mallory, to go and get a pedicure. It was the first time I'd ever done that and it was really nice. I chose a pretty shade of bright green and I really like it!
After dinner, my other best friend, Karissa, gave me my present. She made me some BEAUTIFUL white rose stud earrings and got me the movie "500 Days of Summer". I'm excited to watch it!
As I was getting out of the car at Andy's, though, I saw Karissa's card that she made me sitting in my passenger seat. At the top it says "Happy 20th birthday Chelsea!" I started thinking, "I'm going to be 20 on Tuesday!!!" That means I will no longer be considered a "teenager". I haven't personally considered myself a teenager for about a year or two now but I know others have. Not trying to say that I think I'm really mature and know a lot about life or anything like that because I know that's not true. I know that I don't. But I just didn't really think about still being a "teenager" once I was in college. I was just eighteen or nineteen.
20. Twenty. The big 2-0.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean, yes, it is exciting.
20. The start of a new decade for me. I've been alive for twenty years (almost).
Buuutt...20. Twenty! TWENTY!?! I don't know how to describe it. It just feels weird.
Some people say that age is just a number. Some people say that age really does matter. I don't know what I think about it. But I do know that I don't think I've ever sat and thought about turning a year older this much. Hmm...well all I have left to say is in 3 days I will be twenty...and I'm kind of excited about it :D
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment