Monday, January 24, 2011

Some of my art work

I was in a 2 dimensional design class for this past semester and had some of my art work hung at the student showcase at the end of the semester. 
Thought I would share some pictures of my work!
I did this one of my great grandmother, Mable Holmes. The picture on the left is a cyanotype of a picture of her from when she was in her 20s along with three pieces of her jewelry that I now have. The picture on the left was probably from the 1990s. Not exactly sure how old she was there but she lived until her mid 90s. I was lucky enough to get to live with her for a few years and get to know her. She was a sweet lady and I miss her.

This picture is of a staircase (turn your head to the left) I was standing at the top on the corner and took the picture when the sun was at an angle to cast shadows to the left of some of the corners. There is concret slabs on the far left (if your head is still turned they are on the top ;) We had to pick four different  color schemes and repeat the picture. I was very pleased with it.
I sent it to my sister for a Christmas present!

Today was my first Monday at school. I worked most of the day and had my 3 dimensional design class then worked for 30 more minutes. I like my job because it is super easy and so far my classes are going great! Excited for the rest of the week :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment