Wednesday, February 23, 2011

11 of 30 ~ Play and Crafts

Button Necklace: Handmade by me

Yesterday was a really relaxed day. I didn't feel like looking nice (I woke up at 5am when I'm used to getting up at 7am because my back hurt so bad and didn't really ever go back to sleep) but I want to do this 30 for 30 (and I kind of have to since it is now a class assignment) so I did my best. As the day went on I got to feeling much better :)
We had the first night of play rehearsal for the Spring play! They read through the first act and got to know each other better. There are 29 people in the cast so this should be an interesting show! I'm not in the play (have never really wanted to be) but I am kinda like the costume designers assistant. I'm really excited about it too!!!!

Last night and this morning at work I have been looking at craft blogs! I'm getting so excited for Spring because of the beautiful weather and for Spring break so I can do some fun sewing projects! My mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday (coming up in March!!) and I told her that I mainly wanted some fabric so I can make some stuff for the summer.
I want to make this skirt:
and something similar to these pants:
Now I know the pants are for kids but I think I'm just gonna take apart a pair of better fitting-not so baggy sweats that fit but I don't wear and trace the pattern from them. I think I want to make them have a drawstring too. And some pockets! :)
I also was inspired by the first floral dress from here:
I have an old vintage sheet that I've been wanting to make a skirt from but I think I wanna make a dress instead now :) I'm SOO excited!!! 
Once I get these projects done I will post pictures. Promise :)
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. we are button necklace twinkies!! and i love the color of your cardigan.
    xo

    ReplyDelete